Wednesday 5 September 2012

The Unwrapped Model

Here I have one of my sketch models that I have spent most of my time aligning the dimensions of the pieces relative to each other using the line and ruler tools in Illustrator

It's a little hard to see, but it's there alright. This was probably the most painstaking part of the project so far, and it's especially hard not knowing whether it's even the right thing to do or not but I guess that's part of the fun! Just imagine if this works....

Half of these parts were drawn freehand with a lot of educated guesswork drawing straight from the 3DS Max model, and most of the dimensioning I did was only estimates for as far as I can see Illustrator hasn't managed to work out how to measure curved lines. Nevertheless! I have confidence that these parts will work, even if they don't perfectly fit each other. I guess the only way to find out is to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment