Wednesday 5 September 2012

Stacking Model

So I've put together my first model! This is my first attempt at a stacking model that came from the Illustrator file from the last post:






I ended up putting this model together with super glue and copper wire, as I wanted to see the form of the model I was creating without having to worry too much about how I was going to connect it - I figured if it worked this way then I could begin investigations into the connection issues later.

I'm really impressed that it came out so well, and I think it actually looks really good. Unfortunately because a lot of the pieces of this model aren't horizontal such that they could fit on the slice planes or perpendicular so that they could stack up, there were a bunch of pieces that simply couldn't attach to anything. I suppose they could be expendable, but I'd much rather have my model in it's entirety so I think I'm going to have a look at other methods of putting this model together.

No comments:

Post a Comment