Friday 7 September 2012

Testing the Unwrapped Model

I've printed out the model I "unwrapped" from 3DS Max, and attempted to put it together to see if all the dimensions were adding up.






Close, very close, but no cigar. Well, not just yet! I used this model to put dimensions directly on to that I could translate over to the digital copy on illustrator. There are heaps of red marks all over this one, so I'm glad I did this out of paper to save me a lot of effort instead of using the cardboard. Though I imagine there will be some dimensioning difficulties once I get to using a thicker material too.... One step at a time.

In the background of this image I've also started thinking about how I'm going to connect the other pieces together, and as crude as it looks I really think a rod of some sort is the best way to go here. I will have to have a look into some methods that don't involve turning my acrylic model into a shish kebab though

No comments:

Post a Comment