Tuesday 18 September 2012

DSDN144 Project 2 Precedents

Here are a couple of time lapse videos I found that look like good examples of the process I want to use for my shoots. Bear in mind that my intention is not to create a time-lapse video per se but simply to follow the process of making one and superimpose all of the frames shot into one image.



This is a time-lapse of a Colorado artist Jeff Jagunich, who does a lot of these kind of videos for his illustrations and paintings. This is the right idea for the techniques that I want to use, although I imagine I'll have to set both the camera and the canvas up as stationary, otherwise the final image will just be a blur. I do think that the type of image he is drawing would work really well because of all the colours - through the blending I would do in photoshop the colours will hopefully mix together so that the image would look different from the final product.


Another video of an artist drawing for a time-lapse, this time by Alex Young. This would be an interesting composition to see done with the technique I intend to use, as I think it would show the progression from start to finish very well with the opacity of the lines drawn toward the end. I do really want to add a lot of colour to the pictures though, as I think they would make for a better photo.


I added this video because i think that it would work really well if all the frames for the video were superimposed down to one image, as you could see the movement of both the stars and the camera, and the blending of dawn, night, and dusk all together. I am interested to see what it might look like if I choose to make the camera move at a steady rate throughout the composition.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention of my Tubes of Wonder video. I'm fascinated by fractals and math-art as well. Your work is interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing the results! :)

    ReplyDelete