Tuesday 4 September 2012

Creating Slicing Paths in Illustrator

I've never used Illustrator before, and I had the disillusioned belief that it would be almost exactly the same as Photoshop. It really isn't. But thankfully it doesn't take too much getting used to!

Here I've started importing the sections from 3DS Max and Live Tracing them to get these outlines.

Original Model
Second Model

I'm quite suprised by how nice there turned out! I was expecting a big mess of polygons spewed out of 3DS Max, but I can actually see how this came out of my model, though this is still looking a bit rough for the laser cutter, so if I choose to use the stacking method I'll have to clean it up a bit. But for now this will do to cut out into paper or cardboard to test whether it is a viable endeavour to improve this stacking file or find another method of assembly

No comments:

Post a Comment