Saturday 15 September 2012

The Card Model

Here is my sketch model made from the card that was laser cut that I used as practice for putting together the final acrylic model:




I decided on using sewing as a method of attaching my model as it seemed like an elegant way to piece together the two curved parts of my model. That and I could see no other way of doing it, and I can see already that it is going to be quite a challenge to get this to work with the acrylic model as it will have to be constantly heated to get it to the shape that I want.

It's also going to be really handy to have this for when I put the acrylic model together as I can see exactly what shapes to melt each piece into on a 1:1 scale. I'm quite nervous about this, as it feels like I've only got one shot to get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment