Thursday 27 September 2012

"Grow" First Model Development

Some development images from my first family of models

This is an extrusion of the Fibonacci Sequence which I imported from Solidworks, after making the curve from scratch using the algorithm of squares. I felt that all my models would have a greater authenticity and would look more natural by directly using this shape. Below are some patterns I made by tessellating this shape in different ways.



 I wanted to use these patterns by either making a shape directly from them, or by etching it into whatever model I end up with so that it carries inherent markings of the model's origins.



I like the ball made from the spirals as it forms an interesting shape which I think could look really good close up and in photographs when lit so that the shadows would be prominent. The box is interesting too, though I think that it's hard to see the patterns as they're effectively stacked up on each other no matter where you look at it from. I think that by putting something solid in the middle it would look much better, though I'm wondering what solid shape could be made using the Golden Rule that would also look good inside this cube.

No comments:

Post a Comment