Sunday 9 September 2012

Final Laser Cut Files

I've done enough trial and error now to be satisfied with the files that I have now:



I ended up using a slotting and locking method which I developed myself using the two precedents shown a couple of posts ago - I'll hopefully show this method once I get the laser cut sheets back but I'm quite certain they'll work just fine. I'm also only going to use acrylic for my model as I feel it works better considering the model and the words used to shape it, but I will create a duplicate file to be cut from the card so that I can use it as a sketch model and practice for putting the final model together.

My only hope is that I managed to get the tolerances of the laser cutter just right - so much of the slotting and locking method is dependent on the slots and pins to be perfect fits. Fingers crossed!

And plenty of spares! Can never have enough spares. Hoping I won't need those either but you can never be too cautious!

No comments:

Post a Comment