Tuesday 4 September 2012

Slicing and Sizing in 3DS Max

After swapping the model I'm going to be using for this project, I had to dimension the model for slicing in 3DS Max with a dimension cube I imported from Solidworks. I then later discovered that you could actually directly dimension your model in 3DS Max, but hey, what's wrong with being a little cautious?


This model was dimensioned for the slicing model I intend to make, which consists of 27 sections. And as they're all supposed to fit on an A4 page, you can imagine they're quite small


Here is the final sliced model, ready for exporting into Illustrator for tracing. So pleased you can export directly from 3DS Max to a .AI file, else this would be a reeaaaaally tedious process setting up and rendering each slice


No comments:

Post a Comment