Saturday 18 August 2012

Starting to make some iterations....


 3DS Max is a tricky program to get the hang of, I think at first I was just confused by the crazy amount of buttons you're presented with to begin with. Though I think I've found the parts I need, and realised that most of those buttons I really don't need to worry about. Here are a few of the iterations I started off with, just having a play around so I can try to see the direction I want to point these models in


I have found that because my model has lots of parts spiralling around the inside that it is very hard to select certain areas to modify. Soft selection seems to be helping, but I can't seem to only select adjacent polygons - edge distance doesn't seem to like me... But I'm getting there! Plenty of playing to be done yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment